Engineer – Chapter Lead – Enterprise Integration Services (Banking Services)
First a bit about ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career. We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
The EIS team (Enterprise Integration Services) is looking for people who are passionate about great engineering, have the humility to transition from expert to leaner to learn new things and who can lead themselves and others through ongoing change.
Join us as we enable ANZ to transition to a simplified architecture, built for our future.
If you’d like to part of something really different, then we’d love to hear from you.
Enterprise Integration Services
We are passionate about delivering robust, flexible and secure integration platforms and offering integration capability as a service. Our Engineers design, build, test and support integration solutions working closely with other squad members to ensure customer outcomes. We strive for continual innovation in what we deliver and how we work.
What does a 'day in the life' look like
• Enables continuous delivery practices to increase delivery speed
• Works in collaborative teams to build integration solutions
• Utilises tools and best practices to build, verify and deploy solutions in the most efficient ways, enhancing tech division capabilities
• Sets a culture within the Technology Area and the Engineering Chapter encouraging continual learning and improvement
• Contributes to Engineering communities, meetups and conferences to promote technology development culture and practices
• Provide ongoing support for platforms as required e.g. problem and incident management
• Work with squad members to estimate, plan and deliver
• Additionally, as a Chapter Lead, you spend a proportion of your time developing people in your Chapter
Role Skills and Responsibilities
• Deep expertise in Software Engineering combined with broad capability and a proven ability to innovate and adapt to the latest developments
• Significant experience in one or more software development roles previously eg: Integration Engineer, Platform Operations Engineer
• Have a thirst and willingness to expand knowledge with new technologies and techniques bringing benefits into the Technology Area
• Create a safe environment for people to try something new
• Can adopt and enhance a vision and plan for application level solution design and architecture for the platform.
• Work closely with Technology Area architects in implementing application solutions and contributing to architectural designs and decisions
• Great interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire, mentor, coach and develop others
• Ability to quickly grasp new content and the ability to translate this to your Chapter
• Ability to ask for and give feedback
• Understand customer needs to make sound judgments
We are looking for T-shaped individuals (expert in some, novice in others) across these skillsets:
• API Design and security
• Event Diven Architecture
• Knowledge of testing techniques, including mocking and performance testing, and code coverage
• IBM Integration Technologies (API Connect, DataPower, MQ, C:D)
• Docker Containerization, Open-shift, Kubernetes
• AWS/GCP Cloud
In this role, you will deal with many other technologies so an openness to learning is the most important attribute
ANZ aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We are proud to be working with ANZ who endorse flexibility across all roles. Please specify your ideal flex terms when expressing interest and emailing your CV to us.Back to Roles