nbn is the largest investment in Australia’s history, with a nation-wide asset which needs to be managed effectively to maximise its use. Its effective management requires world class commercial management of the asset that will ensure the nbn products are offered to customers to maximise the value of this massive investment. As a regulated investment, nbn must also ensure it has the commercial information and best commercial approach to engage with the ACCC (like other mature regulated industries like electricity).
Reporting to the Executive General Manager – Commercial, the General Manager – Commercial Management will the leader responsible for a team to achieve these outcomes. The GM, Commercial Management will do so by combining deep insights drawing on analytics and financial modelling with strategies and initiatives to maximise nbn’s total profitability, ARPU and revenue, customer experience and competitive positioning versus mobile and alternative fixed networks. Key accountabilities are:
- Leading key commercial strategic priorities (including cross-company priorities), bringing together inputs from the team as part of understanding options, assessment of options, recommendations and often implementation of recommendations.
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of nbn and RSP economics that is foundational to effective commercial management and strong partnership with RSPs. It includes developing a strategy and initiatives to maximise the return on investment and engaging the ACCC on nbn’s costs and commercial constructs. The team will need to build and maintain a detailed cost model of nbn and RSP economics as part of this accountability.
- Work with RSM Segment Strategy and Research and other parts of the business to develop business requirements for key research on end-users and overseas experience in particular, to address key nbn commercial issues.
- Demand management of the network, including introducing a strategy and initiatives to optimise network use, and developing usage forecasts which are critical to nbn’s revenue and cost planning.
- Commercial and product management of CVC and bundle discounts as key commercial/pricing levers, including developing a long-term strategy for nbn’s commercial constructs, lifecycle management of CVC and bundled discounts, and ensuring nbn maintains low levels of CVC congestion.
- Work with the Commercial, Regulatory and Government teams to develop regulatory and government strategy that will achieve nbn’s commercial objectives, and work with those teams to provide commercial input into Regulatory and Government engagement.
- Translate on an on-going basis key business data (take-up, market intelligence, RSP economics etc) into key actionable insights to inform our on-going commercial strategy and new initiatives required to achieve nbn’s commercial objectives.
- The role will need to combine the world class capability, with strong leadership, collaboration with other key areas of nbn, including other areas of RSM, CTO, Finance, NEO, SEO, Strategy, BSM and Regulatory, and engagement with key external stakeholders including RSP, content suppliers like Fetch, the ACCC and Government.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Leading commercial strategy development and execution of commercial strategic priorities
- Commercial and profitability management, including RSP economics
- CVC and Bundle Discount Commercial and Product Management
- CVC and Bundled Discount Revenue and ARPU Management
- E2E Usage and CVC Forecasting, and Demand Management
- Develop commercial insights
- Regulatory and Government strategy and support
- Make nbn a great place to work – Build a high performing team
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Telco background ideal but not essential.
- Preferable cross functional experience in Sales or Operations Executive Management.
- Track record of generating and selling ideas.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills to communicate effectively with customers, business partners, staff and industry consumers.
- A strong team orientation focusing on cooperation, persuasion, guidance and communication
- The equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering or equivalent. Post graduate qualifications in Business eg an MBA would be desirable.
- Able to think independently and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong business acumen and ability to develop and influence nbn’s long-term strategy
- Impeccable strategic, analytical and financial skills
- Personal style characterised by collaboration, confidence, self-motivation and high energy levels
- Results and achievement-orientation
- Ability to demonstrate tenacity and resourcefulness
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills, and ability to represent and advocate nbn’s position externally (including with the ACCC and Government)
- A strong sense of urgency in identifying, analysing and acting on situations and opportunities
- Good understanding of legal, regulatory and policy impacts on supply of nbn products and services
- Ability to lead and inspire the Commercial Management team (and more generally) that results in strong engagement and high performance
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES & LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
- You are expected to adhere to the policy and procedures of nbn and maintain a working environment that is safe and without risk
- You must keep the safety and wellbeing of yourself and those around you front of mind at all times
- To use equipment, in accordance with any instructions given by nbn consistent with its safe and proper use
- You must co-operate with any requests or actions taken by nbn, to support a safe workplace and manage HSE risk at all times
Continue the conversation
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV, flex requirements and salary expectations and / or express interest if your details are loaded and current on the Puffling platform ASAP.