New South Wales, Australia
Alchemy One is based in Surry Hills, Sydney servicing clients across Australia and globally. Alchemy One works with innovative brands to build powerful solutions to deliver long term relevance at scale. We currently work with clients including Bank Australia, Square, Plan Partners, Westfund, Biennale of Sydney & more, with a number of potential new clients in the pipeline. We are renowned for driving momentum through effective communication and our talent is Alchemy One’s defining factor. It is with outstanding talent that we can deliver excellence and value to our partners. We view our talent as a team of individuals uniquely defined by their passion and drive for challenging the industry and a hunger to always grow, learn and adapt. We have a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion so anyone who has the right skills for this job will be considered.
Due to strong business growth we are looking for an outstanding individual who is able to undertake media reconciling/ bookkeeping duties using SMD & Xero, all media creditors accounts payable to be reconciled for EOM & EOY and can also undertake some administrative adhoc tasks.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be required to liaise with team Managers & Executives. This role requires superior attention to detail and a strong capacity to communicate both verbally and in writing. We are looking for an experienced bookkeeper/accounts assistant for a permanent part-time (2/3 days per week) position to commence immediately. The successful candidate must have advanced knowledge of AP and balance sheet reconciliations and experience working in the media industry is preferable but not essential,. You will be required to enter media invoices into Xero and reconcile against SMD, run and manage the SMD month to month close and manage any media account queries.
The ideal candidate will be amiable, self-motivated, driven and can show up with presence into the workplace. This role requires a well-organised individual with a positive attitude to lead a range of projects. We are looking for an individual who is passionate, enthusiastic, loves what they do and wants to create an amazing office environment for all. Alchemy One leads the way with swapping industry egos and lazy thinking for human-centred connections design driven by cultural velocity, we challenge industry norms and conventional agency apathy. Alchemy One partners with businesses and organisations who understand that the successful brands of tomorrow will be the ones that make positive changes today.
Our mission is to make a meaningful difference to the impact our partners can have on the world. We do this by delivering outstanding service and excellent work, using media and partnerships as a vehicle to build connections with relevance at scale. At Alchemy One, we are committed to conducting our business responsibly and we believe we have a collective responsibility to use our platform to create a future for the betterment of the planet and society. We are currently working through the application to becoming a B Corp certified agency.
We encourage our staff to live consciously with compassion towards sustainability in and outside of the workplace and our incredible team is reflective of this.
DAILY ROLE REQUIREMENTS.
MEDIA CREDITOR MANAGEMENT.
• Manage and control media creditors
• Manage all processing of media payments
• Manage all queries and send adjustments for authorisation to Commercial Director
• Reconcile media spend by client and by media • Manage SMD monthly creditor reconciliations to month end close for review
• End to end processing for invoicing
• Assist with SMD management and maintenance
• Assist the Commercial Director with all other requests
• Display scrupulous attention to detail and the passion to ‘get it right’.
. • Bank Reconciliations
• Manage all credit card reconciliations
• Process creditor payments for CD
• End of month commissions
• Assist with balance sheet and ledge reconciliations
• You don’t have an ego
. • Live and breathe the Alchemy One values everyday - passionate and rebellious.
• Promote open, collaborative, supportive and dynamic relationships throughout the agency and the network.
• Respond well to guidance and feedback from the team.
• Achieve win/win solutions to problems even when under considerable pressure.
• Communicate with the right people at the right time.
• Provide constant feedback to the team on any aspect which may affect the success of the team - always retaining an awareness of the bigger picture.
• Work to get the best from every member of the team.
• Support the Commercial Director and Business Directors on any request and be pro-active in providing additional support beyond the day to day.
• Be an effective, committed and participative team member in order to provide a first class service to the client; contributing to the continuing development of the team
• 5 years relevant Ap and reconciliation experience/bookkeeping role. Experience within media/professional service industry is highly regarded
. • TAFE Advanced Diploma in Accounting or equivalent level of accounting study
. • Advanced Excel skills
• Willingness to learn, maintain an eye for detail and meet deadlines.
• Excellent organisation skills.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate and inspire with a personable, professional approach.
• Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection - hungry for success.
• Ability to multitask with great attention to detail.
• Positive attitude.
• Strong analytical and data analysis skills with proven ability in delivering creative and insights performance analysis.
• Experience in Xero
• Experience in SMD (preferred)
• Must have a passion for the industry and digital marketing innovation.