New South Wales, Australia
Innovative, family friendly NewLaw firm
seeks passionate experienced commercial lawyer
About the firm:
Her Lawyer is an award-winning NewLaw firm specialising in commercial law for ambitious women in business. We are a virtual law firm and service business clients all over Australia. Many of our clients (but not all) are female owned and led Australian-based businesses across various industries.
We help our clients to build the business and life they want by delivering them personalised legal services of the highest quality. Our lawyers are more than just experts - they genuinely care about our clients and go above and beyond to help them succeed. We offer value-based pricing, giving our clients peace of mind and value for money.
We offer a broad and interesting range of commercial clients and matters, the opportunity to work with a friendly and collaborative team and exposure to NewLaw practices in a flexible and family friendly atmosphere.
About the role:
We’re looking for a lawyer with a solid background in commercial law who is keen to be part of an innovative team with a fresh approach to the practice of law.
You will be doing and directing the day-to-day legal work, including mentoring our junior team members and supervising them in completing legal documents and advice. You’ll have direct contact with clients and will be primarily responsible for managing client projects to ensure client happiness.
The role would suit someone passionate about using the law as a tool to help others.
We are open to all types of flex including remote working arrangements, part-time and job-share.
Our workplace is entirely supportive of flexible arrangements – let us help you craft your role to fit with your life.
Apart from an opportunity to practice the law you love, we offer an attractive salary, paid days off on your birthday, weekly wellness check-ins with our founder and more.
About the work:
Join our dynamic team as you:
· Assess new client needs and develop thoughtful strategies to resolve their legal problems
· Draft all manner of commercial contracts (terms of business, IP licences, wholesale agreements – you name it!)
· Review commercial legal documents and provide clients with advice on their position, including canvassing their options
· Assist clients to formulate, negotiate and secure deals such as sale and purchase of business, shareholder exits, buy ins and more
· Meeting with clients virtually to discuss their needs and our solutions
Passionate about mentoring the next generation? Great! We would love to welcome a new team member who's excited to share their knowledge and expertise with our more junior team members.
Who we’re looking for:
You’re the right fit if:
· You have an unrestricted Practising Certificate
· You have at least 2 years solid experience in a general commercial and/or contracts role
· You're no stranger to technology, and you enjoy using it to help make life easier
· You're patient, kind and really listen when people speak
· You love plain English and happily convert legal jargon into words that everyone can understand
· Technology-savvy (minimum Word/Zoom wizardry skills, able and willing to pick up new software quickly)
· Passion to help women succeed in business
· Experience working remotely/virtually
· Leadership, management or mentoring experience
· Interest in innovation, legal design or lawtech
· Experience in employment law or IP lawBack to Roles