Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Join an exciting fast paced passionate team in a rapidly growing tech company. We are thrilled to be working with Instaclustr!
● Fast growing company
● Huge opportunity
● Incredible team culture
● Opportunity to work flexibility/remotely
Instaclustr is one of Canberra’s growing success stories and we are looking for ambitious and like minded people to join our growing and exciting tech family. We are currently searching for an experienced Business Operations and Reporting Manager to join our growing Operations team. You will join a team of extremely talented individuals to help the business deliver on our goals and objectives.
Who are we?
Recently named in Deloitte’s 2020 fast 500 companies of North America after another monumental growth year, Instaclustr is a Canberra based Australian owned open source as-a-service company, delivering reliability at scale. We manage cutting edge open source technologies (Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch) for our customers around the world.
Since its foundation in 2013, Instaclustr has seen significant growth, with large scale and really exciting customers spread across the globe. We have offices in Australia, the USA, and Europe and employ over 230 people worldwide.
What’s in it for you?
Instaclustr prides itself on being a workplace of choice for all of its employees. When you join our family this is what you can expect:
● A family first environment
● Awesome social activities onsite (Canberra) – New starter BBQs, cook offs, bowling, Badminton etc
● Regular games nights and virtual events (remote employees)
● Special interest social groups
● Workplace flexibility and great work-life balance
● Growing global company
● Learn from incredibly talented people
● Start-up culture
● Exciting and fast-growing industry
● Company SWAG – Hoodies, t-shirt, thongs etc
● New Laptop
● Phone bill allowance
● Long service leave after 5 years
● A well defined career model and opportunities for progression
● Opportunity to access company options
● Wellness club with free fitness training sessions 3 times per week (onsite- Canberra)
● Wellbeing programs to nurture the body, mind and soul
Instaclustr is growing rapidly and constantly evolving, we need to monitor and report on key metrics within the business in near real-time to support this growth.
This is an operations-focused role with a requirement for an individual with strong collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills and the capability to deliver business intelligence reports and analytics for the business.
Duties and activities
● Liaise with internal business units including our finance, sales, marketing and people teams to monitor and report on business performance, efficiencies and to drive continuous improvement.
● Identify, manage and report on key business metrics.
● Work with our technical team to Integrate backend data from a range of systems and data sources.
● Work with our Commercial and Accounting teams to support the development of customer and supplier agreements, including the review of customer contract pricing and taxation implications.
● Analyse and interpret data from all divisions and business units within the company.
● Monitor and ensure the integrity and quality of data sources.
● Report and present results in a consistent method with suitable visualisation.
Skills and experience required:
● Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in business management, technical management, information systems, data science, engineering, finance/accounting, or a related field.
● Minimum of two (2) years recent business operations management, project management or business intelligence and reporting experience.
● Demonstrated ability to identify, manage and report on key business metrics and provide back-end integration of disparate datasets and present them in a consistent visual way.
● Experience with business intelligence and analytics tools such as Tableau, Domo, Apache Superset, or Google Data Studio is desirable.
● Experience within high growth technology companies is desirable.
● Advanced written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with a global workforce.
● Proven track record of working successfully under broad direction
Team Member Performance Expectations
These are the current expectations. Expectations are maintained and agreed by the team on an ongoing basis.
1. Business Value Focus: be aware of the business objective and value of your work. Make decisions to maximise business value. Appropriately question work and decisions that appear to be of low business value. Be aware of the broad context of your work.
2. Dependability & Commitment: demonstrate a consistent, strong commitment to the achievement of Instaclustr’s goals. Be dependable in meeting agreed deadlines and deliverables or communicate appropriately when unforeseen issues arise. Plan and manage your own time and tasks.
3. Team Work: Take a “shared goals” mentality and contribute to the overall success of the team. Acknowledge the contributions and expertise of others, share your knowledge and experience to help others to be productive. Propose, design and champion methods to improve team productivity. Ensure appropriate communication within the team.
4. Technical & Problem Solving Skill: Apply strong basic technical skill and approach problems in a structured manner with perseverance and positive attitude. Seek out, filter and apply new sources of information as part of an open approach to finding the best solution. Seek help early when required.
5. Diligence: Follow and maintain processes. Consider the implications of your work and ensure appropriate QA steps are undertaken to manage risks. Use new work as an opportunity to develop standard processes.
6. Customer Focus: Be proactive, accurate, informative and timely in communicating with customers. Seek opportunities to make customers “love us.”
Instaclustr is an equal opportunity employer. By joining us, you’ll be part of an organisation that fosters diversity and inclusion. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.